To our valued patients
We take the health and safety of our patients, staff and the community very seriously. We are following the progress of COVID-19 pandemic very closely and acting on the advice of both the World Health Organisation (WHO) and the federal and state Health Departments.
While for now we are still able to open it's not business as usual. We are taking as many measures as we can to ensure the safety, well-being and health of our staff, patients and community.
As such, we ask you to please abide by the following hygiene protocols whilst in our practices:
- Please use the hand sanitiser provided as you enter the practice
- If you are unwell, we ask you not to come to the practice and ask family members or friends to collect spectacles or contact lenses for you
- If you have returned from overseas or interstate since 15th March, we ask you not to come to the practice. Please ensure you are adhering the 14 day quarantine rulings
- If you need to cough or sneeze, please do so into the corner of your elbow and wash or sanitise your hands afterwards
- Follow social distancing guidelines while in the practice, keep 1.5m away from other patients and staff (where possible)
- Avoid touching your face including eyes, nose and mouth
- Please do not be offended when we do not shake your hand
What we are doing to ensure the safety of patients, staff and the community:
- Following good hand hygiene and regularly washing or sanitising our hands, especially after contact with others both at work and at home
- Wiping down / disinfecting all the surfaces (including benches, countertops, phones, chairs, computers, equipment, frames, EFTPOS machines) in our practice multiple times per day
- Screening patients before their appointments and staggering appointments where possible to avoid crowded waiting rooms
- Staff are instructed not to come to work if they are feeling unwell for any reason
- Removed magazines, children’s toys and point of sale from the waiting room
- Temporarily stopped collection of old spectacles and contact lens waste for recycling
A note about contact lens wear
If you are suffering from any viral illness (whether suspected COVID-19 or not) then you should cease contact lens wear while you are ill and for 24 hours after your symptoms resolve.